Monday, January 9, 2017

Easy


You think it is easy
Being alone
Without a partner
To touch
To talk with 
Be near
You think choosing to walk away is easy
It's not
It never is
Not for me
I do want someone
To touch
To talk with
To just hold
Someone that I makes me stare in amazement 
Every time they walk in a room
But at what price would I pay
If I do not feel that
That "thing" inside
That magic
Then how long do I stay
What if the other person feels "it"
Staying
I'm neither true to myself
Nor them
So I leave
Because I cannot keep breaking their heart
I leave
But they want me back
I return
I try
I leave 
We do it again
And again
Until when
When I've worn them down so much
They stop believing in love
I won't
Not anymore
I've done that in the past
But not again
So I leave
And I hurt them for a while
And I hurt myself 
For a lifetime 

©johnfklee

No comments:

Post a Comment